Thursday, May 15, 2008

Jeff's Log ~ Wednesday, May 14th, 2008 Ishagaki

Hi all is well. We are in a harbor tied to a very large breakwater. It will be some time before I get a phone, as Japan has their own system, and nothing else works except their equipment. This is our fist stop, but so far I am very impressed with what I see. Feel very secure and safe. Food and beer are good so far. Not cheap here like in the Philippines. I am trying to figure out how to call you.

Right now, at the high speed ferry dock on their computers. The whole crew is here and we are all on the internet. Language here is very difficult. Hardly anyone speaks English. It even took a little while to get computer keyboard into English. Scott’s sky mate is still acting up. It receives, but does not transmit, so don’t worry if you don’t hear anything for days. We are going to stay here until the weather is safe. We have been discussing alternate plans, and have Scott calm and collected. Thanks for the pics of Trinity, she sure is cute.

I am trying to write my log almost everyday, as things happen rather quickly once in a while. Once I am in Osaka, things should settle down a bit, and Ill get someone to get me a phone. There is all kinds of requirements that must be met to get one. Until then, I will E-mail when possible, and call when I can. There are a couple of weather systems that we are keeping under close watch. Right now, we are in Typhoon Alley and must remain vigilant.

No comments: