Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Captain Scott's Log ~ Friday, July 4th, 2008

My wife Gillette and old friend and CCA member Charlie Munroe
with his wife Mimi have joined me in Osaka Japan for a 2 week cruise on the
InLand Sea. For all of us this cruise has its roots in our younger years.
Gill and I were stationed here in 1968 when I was a medical officer during
the Viet Nam War. The inland sea was so spell binding that I vowed to return
in my own boat. Charlie and Mimi are my sailing friends from high school.
They have cruised with me in the So Pacific, on CCA cruises in Croatia and
Canada, along the coast of southern Chile and in the eastern Med. As
youngsters we all sat around a globe and talked of round the world sailing
in general and Japan in particular. Now, no longer young, we are here. We
begin in Tannowa Yacht Harbor (34 20n 135 11 e) which is close to the new
island airport Kansai. This has been our base for the past 2 months in
Japan. The Commodore and all of his officers greeted us on arrival and we
have been treated as honored guests.

No comments: