Thursday, July 31, 2008

Captain Scott's Log ~ Wednesday, July 23, 2008 5:56 PM

Subject: 38 11n 146 04e

Yesterday was a 216 mile run and today will be similar. This is a cruise. I have Commanders weather routing service for this crossing. And, we have two (2 no waiting) Iridium Sat phones. So we may be south of the Kuril Islands ( Kurilskie Ostrova on my chart) but we can reach out and touch somebody. Commanders is routing us south from a low forming over the western Aleutians. The forcast called for 25kts with gusts to 30 now. So all crew has harnesses, personal strobes, and instructions for sail reduction and man over board. The actual wind? 15 from the SW--a cruise. Neil is in the galley--the last of the 4 of us to take a turn. If anyone complains---But good But good. There has been one whale sighting and lots of Dolphins

Jeff's Log ~ Thursday, July 24th, 2008

Comfortably cruising in the rain, sometimes using the engine, sometimes sailing.We are now at the end of our sixth day at sea, and doing well. Neil and Dave are both really great nsailors, and I am proud to be sailing with them.I am learning more from them every day. Position now is 40 54.61N 150 11.33E, less than 2500 miles from Kodiak, Alaska. We started the trip with a couple of two hundred plus mile days after clearing the last Japanese islands. I hope that kind of breeze comes back. Other than the rain the last couple of nights, weather has been delightful. Doing well on food too. Scott is the pasta chef, Neil and I each hold our own, and Dave did some good burgers.I will kiss the ground when I reach American soil again. It's been a long time since I have been home.

No comments: