Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Jeff's Log ~ September 12th, 2007

9/12/07

Today things began showing just little teeny signs that maybe I can get something accomplished. Andrea and I had a chat this morning, and lo-and-behold, the dock attendants came to pick up the fuel jugs. The air conditioning service tech actually came at about 1:03 this afternoon. I had been working on the refrigeration since finishing coffee at about 7:30. I finally figured out how to get gas in the system so that I could leak check it. I found the leak where a stainless hose clamp was rubbing on a copper line.

Thank goodness that the line was a short one because I do not have the size tubing which is required. The a/c guy is going to repair the line for me and bring it back tomorrow. I also was successful in obtaining two new Schroeder valves for the silly charging ports in the even sillier unnecessary valve assy. The local dive shop had a tool for replacing them. One thing I never thought about bringing was a Schroeder valve tool. Guess that’ll teach me!

The GPS coordinates of the boat right now are: 27 24.42N 33 40.5E Google earth should be able to zoom right in on us. If you look close, I’ll be on deck waving at all of you!

My other projects are coming along well, although it seems like everything takes 4 times longer than it should. Tonight after six, I can pick up the laundry, so tomorrow; I’ll send a picture of me in a pressed t-shirt just for my friend No-mow Mike.

It sounds like Scott and company are having fun on their trip up the Nile. I certainly don’t eat as good when I do the cooking. Tonight for dinner I made spaghetti and meat sauce, the meat being chopped and sautéed frankfurters. Around here there are no onions, so I have to struggle along and use shallots instead. Just wish there was some wine left. That's one thing I can't buy around here, is alcohol. You can get it at the restaurants, with meals, but you can't go to the store and get wine, beer, or any other booze. I'll be all dried out soon, and then I'll be a real cheap date when I see you.

The wind has finally slowed down considerably. This morning for the first time, the deck didn’t look like a sandbox. There was just a light dusting of sand.

Thanks for leaving comments on the blog page as it is very nice to hear from all of you. If anybody wants to comment, just click on “comments”.

4 comments:

NoMowMike said...

Hey again Jeff :)
Attempted to leave you a message earlier today while at the plug but the page "WE" were writing on disappeared........Janey was running on about you bein her snookum`s or something and I handed her my laptop to let her say her Janey HELLO :) Wayne, Don+Nancy, Slim Jim, + Fuzzy all said Hello as well Sir !!!!!! Look foward to reading about your adventures as you go Jeff.....sort of like reading about Tom Sawyer or Huck Finn :) If ya ever need anything overnighted to you or your crew, you know you can count on me. See ya Jeff
Look real foward to seein any man in an ironed T-shirt !!!!!!!!!

DW said...

Hi Jeff, the Google Earth site worked great.

Doug

Alana said...

Howdy Jeff-
Greetings from cold aready Ohio!) Congrats on such an awesome opportunity!) Tell Clara I wish her well and enjoy her time while it lasts!) LOL!) Just kidding! Glad you got the pictures and saw my handsome lil man! He is getting so big so fast but I am loving every minute of it. I will check back often and now we can actually keep in better contact.
Chat soon!
Love Lana

Why the ironed shirt?

NoMowMike said...

YEAH JEFF :):):):)
WILL HAVE TO GET DAWN ON IRONIN` ME ONE OF MY TANKS........WILL KEEP YA POSTED ON HOW THAT GOES :):):):) ENJOY YOUR NOTES, BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!!!!!!
NOMOW