Monday, May 19, 2008

Jeff's Log ~ Friday, May 16th, 2008

I've walked about four miles, and tried about 6 phones, but cannot get one to work. I could see one that I could change to English, but could not get the phone booth door open. I really miss talking to you. This will have to do for now. One of the people from cafe Taniwha is ちぇc金g恩子st、絵tcふぉr亜背llp骨ふぉrめ oops! Checking on cost,etc. and will help me by getting a phone for me if we stay here long enough.

We are waiting on weather to clear, as the system is wandering around just to the south of us. Scott is very antsy about leaving, but so far is being cautious. Anything new and exciting going on at home? Here all is well. Beginning to understand Japanese customs a little bit better.
Yes means maybe, maybe means no, no means what.... are you nuts??? When things are too far to walk, I take a city map with me and point to where I want taxi to take me.

Last night at Kuri & bar, they had an English class just before we got there. Mark and I had a lot of fun with a couple of the guys teaching them how to talk English good. Some things get lost in translation, so lots of picture drawing with circles and arrows was going on. It was a lot of alcohol affected humor, but really good time. I’ll try to save the paper we were playing on, but 5 more months on the boat... who knows?

My little camera is on its way out. The lens is grinding as it goes in and out. Sometimes the pictures are like pink negatives, or full of lines. When we get to a bigger city, I will have to get a new one. I carry my phone now to use as camera. The internet cafe in the ferry station is really cool. As I sit here, there is a huge theater screen and surround sound and a film of all kinds of scenery and animals, etc. is playing. Very relaxing, and I could enjoy sitting here for hours.

No comments: