Monday, May 19, 2008

Jeff's Log ~ Saturday, May 17th, 2008

Kuri told me he would have a phone for me today. That’s pretty exciting. This keyboard is difficult to use. There is a secret key that when bumped will change everything back to Japanese. It took me about 57 tries to get the little at symbol so I could get my email. Now when I hit it this is what I get [[[[[[ isn’t that wonderful? Thank God I got it once for my email address. All is well here, supposed to get some hard wind tonight and tomorrow. We put a breast anchor on Pipe Dream to pull her off of the sea wall a bit. I am enjoying the days of rest, even though Scott wants to leave. He’s handling it very well, and beginning to sightsee a bit. We had fun last night at cafe Taniwha. There was a folk singer doing Jap folk music, and a lot of people from the bar joined in playing various instruments and singing. A good jam session for sure. Tonight a singer from Tokyo that we met there the other night is singing to sort of promote her new cd. That should be another fun night.

It reminds me of the fireplug and all of the great people there. The local people always greet me warmly when I walk in and even though most do not speak English, we are still communicating. Everyone is interested in hearing about our travels, and Kuri answers what questions I can’t get through. It really is quite cool. When I do get my computer on line, I will send a list of email addresses so our blog can go around the world. The only problem in staying at places like this for a while is that it gets harder to say goodbye the longer we are here. It is gratifying that I will have friends around the globe who I will not forget and who I hope will remember me. Say hello to everyone for me. Miss ya

1 comment:

chris fredrich said...

Wow, you are getting to see so many places. In some ways I'm jealous.

Mom enjoys reading the blogs also. It would be way easier if I could get her to actually use the computer.

Take care of yourselves.
Chris Fredrich