Monday, May 19, 2008

Jeff's Log ~ Sunday, May 11, 2008. 22 02.55N 120 41.58E , Hou-Wan-Tzu, Taiwan

We are anchored in a mostly sheltered cove waiting for the wind to get back to reasonable levels. Yesterday, as we were approaching the south end of Taiwan, the winds built and built. We spent all night and day here watching the wind speeds pretty constantly over thirty knots. Actually for me, it was a welcomed day of rest, and I did sleep a lot of the day away. It seemed like every time I woke up, it was time to eat. Renon made us grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato and bacon for breakfast, some potato and corn chowder with a salad for lunch and delicious, spicy chili for dinner.

Tomorrow, if wind and seas cooperate, Scott wants anchor up at 4am. We want to be at the next stop before dark. I am enjoying Tracy and Renon a lot. Renon has such a great attitude, and Tracy has lots of fun stories that he shares. There is hardly a time when we are not chuckling whenever he is around.

Today is Mother’s Day, So A special HIDEEHO and thanks for all of you wonderful Mothers!!!! Especially my own Mom, I think of her often and love her dearly.

I did fix the leak at the high pressure pump for the water maker this morning, and it is working well again. This boat loves me, that problem sure could have been a lot worse. The hardest part was getting my body into the small space under the cockpit to do the repair. Thank goodness my Dad was a printer and sort of taught me how to work looking in a mirror. It’s sort of like setting type, as it is all backwards.
The only other thing that I accomplished today was cleaning the salon floor after dinner. I let it go for about four days, and it took some extra elbow grease to shine it up. Now I am going to call it an early night as 3:30 will be here sooner than I want. I hope that tomorrow’s weather will give us fair sailing.

No comments: